An eating disorder is a mental health condition where you use the control of food to cope with feelings and other situations.
Unhealthy eating behaviours may include eating too much or too little or worrying about your weight or body shape.
Anyone can get an eating disorder, but teenagers between 13 and 17 are mostly affected.
With treatment, most people can recover from an eating disorder.
Support is available
There is support available for eating disorders near you. Find out more using the links below.
- Evolve Hull
- eating disorder support in the East Riding of Yorkshire is available via referral from a GP or by contacting the mental health team on 0800 138 0990
- York eating disorder services
- North Yorkshire eating disorder support
- North Lincolnshire eating disorder support (for under 19s). Referrals for over 19s in North Lincolnshire can be made via your GP.
- North East Lincolnshire Rharian Fields eating disorder service
- The national charity Beat also provides a free helpline and information for the LGBTQ+ community.