Tips to stay healthy
The good news is there are lots of steps you can take to support your own health over the winter:
- Have your flu vaccination and COVID seasonal booster
- Simply check your eligibility and find out where to get your jabs locally (link to Let’s get vaccinated)
- Try to avoid picking up bugs
- Ideally continue to wash your hands regularly, particularly before eating or drinking. If running water isn’t available you could use hand wipes or hand sanitiser.
- Openings windows and letting fresh air circulate while meeting people indoors helps to keep bugs from building up
- You may want to consider wearing a face covering in crowded areas.
- Keep warm
- Cold weather can affect your body’s ability to fight off viruses and infections. Keeping warm over the winter months can help to prevent cold and flu. We recommend you:
- Heat your home to 18°C (65°F) or higher if you can
- Leave your bedroom window shut at night
- Wear several layers of light clothing
- Check you’re receiving the financial help and support you are entitled to
- Make sure heating and cooking appliances are safe